District 13 Meeting Minutes – 07/16/2019

Next District Meeting 08/20/2019

In Attendance: Adam K, Daniel C, Debbie F, Dwight J, George M, Jim W, Joe B, John M, John O, John S, Jonathan F, Judy M, Laura S, Les B, Mike C, Mike R, Paul S, Phil M, Sandi S, Sheilah S, Steve B, Terry H, Terry O, Todd M, Troy C, Veronica K, Mark C, Debbie B

Troy C Opened the District Meeting and Troy C. Chaired the Meeting. Troy C. opened the meeting with a quiet time followed by the Serenity Prayer and Responsibility Statement.

Paul S. Read Traditions 1, 2, 9 and 12.

  1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA Unity.

  2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.

9. A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards directly responsible to those they serve.

12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Concepts 1 and 12 were read by Jonathan F.

1. Final responsibility and ultimate authority for AA World Service should always reside in the collective conscience of our fellowship.

12. The conference shall observe the spirit of the AA tradition taking care that it never becomes the seat of perilous wealth or power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible substantial unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that it never perform acts of government; that, like the society it serves, it will always remain democratic in thought and action.

Troy C. Introductions were made and the sign in sheet was passed.

Troy C. went over the agenda. Steve B Motioned, Passed.



REPORTS:

Treasurer’s Report – Dan C.

  • Collected $520.50. Fronted some seed money for the picnic, and paid liability insurance for the year. Seed money will be reimbursed from picnic.

  • Troy reached out to Nazar regarding website fees, no response yet.

Picnic Committee- Paul S

  • Last meeting before the picnic. Tickets are $2. Feel free to show up early to help set up or stay late to help with clean up! Baskets are coming from meetings around our district.

  • Face painter cannot make the picnic, know anyone who wants to help with this?

Finance Committee – Todd

  • Will use Zoom and take part in the next meeting.

Correctional Facilities Committee – Phil M.

  • Sheridan Correctional Center has been down in participation lately. Out of 90 inmates, only 3 guys wanted to have a meeting.

  • At Statesville, we have a great amount of participation. These guys are spending the rest of their lives in this prison, and as such, are eager to join. Will be starting the steps over again.

  • Joliet Treatment Center is a newer facility that we just started going into. The speaker meetings we had went well. Started doing some smaller meetings now.

  • Phil represents Area 19 and 20, Corrections Conference will be held in Houston, TX- November 1-3rd. Last year we split the cost with Area 20, Phil is hoping we can do that again this year. Troy motioned to cover Phil’s trip to Houston. Motion passed.


Directory and Literature Committee – Judy P.

  • Didn’t make the last meeting, but she is excited to try the video conferencing.

  • Only have a few directories left, will order more. Motion passed to order 500 more directories. Let Judy know if we find a defunct meeting listed on the directory.

Workshop Committee – Brian K.

  • Next workshop is Saturday Aug 3rd at Prince of Peace. Had a few flyers to pass around.



Public Information Committee/ Cooperation with Professional Community Committee – John M.

  • Meeting was a week ago Monday. Did the video conferencing, and it worked very well.

  • Monica the area chair joined their meeting, discussed combining PI and CPC into one committee. Need to do more discussion, Area isn’t ready to agree to this.

  • August 8th starts the American Psychological Association Conference, where we will have a table set up. Should get lots of traffic. Looking for volunteers to help man this booth, let John know if there is any interest.

AA Grapevine Committee – Vacant, No Report




Hospitals and Treatment Facilities Committee. –




Committee on Conferences – Steve B

  • Attended the meeting through video conferencing, also thought it went smoothly.

  • Voting Saturday on the Second City Roundup, on whether to have it or not. There are several things happening in 2020, Illinois State Conference, Correctional Conference, etc., discussion tabled until next month.

  • ACO next meeting is next Thursday if anyone is interested.

  • Illinois State Conference will be chaired by Tommy B, things are moving along with preparations for this.



Special Needs Committee – Mike M.

  • Not present tonight, but Paul shared that Mike worked up a flyer and registration lists that are going around the District.



Website Administrator – Nazar Z

  • Not present tonight, but our website seems to be current on events and meetings.



Secretary’s Report – Sandi H.

  • Nothing to report, thanks!



District Chair Report – Troy C.

  • Will be attending Casa this Saturday.



Alternate District Chair Report – Vacant


New Business

  • Tested out the new zoom app. Must download the app if you want to use your phone or call in if you don’t want to use the video option. GSRs, please let your meetings know that we now can do this, hopefully we can fill some of these vacant positions. Each committee chair will send out the participation code for their meeting, this number will be different every time, so not just anyone can jump into a meeting. This is very secure, no worries.


Old Business


  • Buses for the ACO- price will be $856, has a bathroom on board! Will be $15/a person. Please ask your meetings if people are interested in this. We have up until September 7th to cancel the bus if needed. Is gratuity included? Don’t think so, would be collected that night with the passing of a hat. Motion passed to reserve the bus.

  • Paul will get tickets made. Sandi will make a flyer to pass around.


Announcements: CASA meeting this Saturday. Next District meeting is August 20th.



Motion to Close – Troy

Meeting Adjourned with the Seventh Tradition and The Lord’s Prayer.

District Minutes Archive

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile