District 13 Meeting Minutes – 06/18/2019
Next District Meeting 07/16/2019
 
In Attendance:  Adam K, Bill M, Brian K, Daniel C, Dwight J, George M, Jim W, Joe B, John M, John O, John S, Jonathan F, Scott H, Keith C, Les B, Mike C, Mike R, Sandi H, Steve B, Terry H, Terry O, Todd M, Troy C, Veronica K
Troy C Opened the District Meeting and Troy C. Chaired the Meeting.  Troy C. opened the meeting with a quiet time followed by the Serenity Prayer and Responsibility Statement.
Keith C Read Traditions 1, 2, 9 and 12.
    1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA Unity.
    2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express himself in our group conscience.  Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
9.  A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards directly responsible to    those they serve.
12.  Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.
Concepts 1 and 12 were read by Todd
1.  Final responsibility and ultimate authority for AA World Service should always reside in the collective conscience of our fellowship.
12.  The conference shall observe the spirit of the AA tradition taking care that it never becomes the seat of perilous wealth or power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible substantial unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that it never perform acts of government; that, like the society it serves, it will always remain democratic in thought and action.
Troy C. Introductions were made and the sign in sheet was passed.   
Troy C. went over the agenda. John Motioned, Passed.  
 
REPORTS:
Treasurer’s Report – Dan C.
    • Next month insurance is due, which is $529. Will put aside funds for that.
    • Contact Nazar to reimburse him for the website recurring membership.
    • Collected $327

Picnic Committee- Brian K
    • July 20th, fairgrounds at St Peter’s Lutheran Church. Will have an AA and an Al-Anon speaker.
    • Mike has taken over the corn grilling…
    • Flyers going around, please remind your groups to bring a dish to pass.
    • Basket Raffles have been very successful over the years. Please ask your groups if they can donate one, valued up to $25. Doug will wrap these for you if needed.
    • Always looking for volunteers to help with setup and cleanup afterwards. Looking for a volunteer to run the kids games.
    • Saturday the 29th of June will be the next picnic meeting.
Finance Committee – Todd
    • Todd will do the finance committee position, as long as the video conferencing is up and running, and he doesn’t have to make the journey to Chicago
Correctional Facilities Committee – Phil M.  
    • Getting Married!!!

Directory and Literature Committee – Judy P.  
    • Getting Married!!!!
Workshop Committee – Brian K
    • August 3rd, right here at Prince of Peace. Topic is Meditation for Overthinkers.
    • Will be an open meeting, put on by Vicky R. Flyer is on the website

Public Information Committee/ Cooperation with Professional Community Committee – John M.
    • Attended the meeting a week ago Monday. Practiced with the video conferencing equipment and seems to work well. It’s an app that can be downloaded on your phone, called Zoom.
    • Had one event this past month: a speaker event via Skype for Whitney Young High School.
    • Still upcoming, the American Psychological Assoc at McCormack Place.
    • On speaking at DUI classes, stopped into the Schaumburg facility, left name and number, and said we would love to volunteer to speak should they need it.

AA Grapevine Committee – Vacant, No Report

Hospitals and Treatment Facilities Committee – Vacant

Committee on Conferences – Steve B
    • He was at the meeting last Wednesday, and also saw the demonstration of the video conferencing. Very Slick, seems to work well.
    • ACO still needs volunteers. They meet the 3rd Thursday of every month at the CASO office.
    • The GSR workshop is planned for March of next year in District 3. A few other districts are also contemplating this
    • The Illinois State Conference meeting will be July 29th. Need volunteers as well. Conference will be next year August 14-16th in Lisle

Special Needs Committee – Mike M.
    • Not in attendance tonight. Troy asked for us to let him know if we know of anyone needing interpreters, or special accessibility requirements

Website Administrator – Nazar Z
    • Added Tuesday night meeting to website.
    • Need an alternate for this position.

Secretary’s Report – Sandi H.
    • We have wi-fi through Prince of Peace. If you would like me to show you how to get registered with Chicago as a GSR, please let me know.

District Chair Report – Troy C.     
    • Video Conferencing is now up and running. Nicole and Tommy B will check in with us live at our next GSR meeting to go over how the system works. Sandi will get with Nicole beforehand to get more information. Website requires a password that Troy will send out to us via email.

Alternate District Chair Report – Vacant
    •
New Business  
    • This year is the 80th anniversary of the ACO, which is September 21st. ACO bus situation- Nicole from District 12 has offered the use of a luxury bus (has a bathroom and a/c). It’s $856 to rent the bus, which seats 56 people, meaning it will be $15 per person. Talk to your meetings and see if there is interest in filling a bus for the ACO.
    • Steve talked to his homegroup about doing a GSR workshop hosted by District 13th. Brian suggested that we can use Prince of Peace to hold this meeting. This typically is a workshop on service work, for new GSRs and others, and includes a light lunch. Troy made a motion to have this held in District 13th, motion passed. Steve and Brian will take the next steps.  

Old Business

    • Troy would like to make a motion to institute the green cans at our meetings. Bill seconded the motion. Share is not-for-profit, although they are funded by outside sources, the surrounding townships.


Announcements:
    • Next CASA is July 20th. District 2 is hosting, will be in Wilmette.

Motion to Close – Veronica
Meeting Adjourned with the Seventh Tradition and The Lord’s Prayer. 

District Minutes Archive

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile