District 13 Meeting Minutes – 07/17/2018

Next District Meeting 08/21/2018

In Attendance: Adam K, Bill M, Brian K, Daniel C, Debbie F, Dwight J, Eddie C, Geno B, George M, Jim G,
Joe B, John J, John S, Keith C, Laura H, Laura S, Les B, Mike M, Michelle W, Mike C, Paul S, Steve B, Terry
H, Tom M, Troy C.
Troy C Opened the District Meeting and Troy C. Chaired the Meeting. Troy C. opened the meeting with a
quiet time followed by the Serenity Prayer and Responsibility Statement.
Laura Read Traditions 1, 2, 9 and 12.
1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA Unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express
himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
9. A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards directly responsible to
those they serve.
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles
before personalities.
Concepts 1 and 12 were read by George
1.
Final responsibility and ultimate authority for AA World Service should always reside in the
collective conscience of our fellowship.
12. The conference shall observe the spirit of the AA tradition taking care that it never becomes the
seat of perilous wealth our power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent
financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over
others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible substantial
unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that
it never perform acts of government; that, like the society it serves, it will always remain democratic
in thought and action.
Michelle W Introductions were made and the sign in sheet was passed.
Troy C. went over the agenda. Michelle W Motioned, Seconded, Passed.
Troy C went over the minutes. Laura Motioned, Seconded, Passed.

REPORTS:
District Chair Report – Troy C.
Received prices for ACO buses. CASO sent quote for Bus Bank, $425 for 5 hours - $75 each hour
over.
If $12 charged for bus and bus is full $538 includes tip and parking
We have 3-4 weeks to decide. Need $125 deposit.
Troy will call around for quotes
Troy motioned for 1 bus from CASO, $12 per ticket
Paul to print tickets - 5 PM Sharp 09/15/2018
Michelle to do ACO bus flyers
CASO 07/21/2018 in Forest Park 10 am
Treasurer’s Report – Dan C.
See Report
Paul returned picnic seed money to Dan
Checks to be made out to District 13
New bank account thanks to Geno
Insurance of $501 is coming up at the end of the month.
Troy to be 2nd signer on account
Fee reversed
Nazar still owed $16.24 for web hosting.
Hoffman Estates Community Bank - Free for up to 75 transactions
Finance Committee – Debbie F
See Report
Meeting Last week
o Total income 10,000 less than last year
o total expenses 56000 higher than last year
o negative numbers across the board
o We will see what numbers look like in September
o Budget draft will be out in September
o Motion passed for audio/video conferencing for committee meetings
o $1200 to Katie for chairs, desk and shelving in the office
o Xena is looking to set up sub-committees for long term financial planning.
ACO needs 10 volunteers from district for 7th Tradition. Please announce at meetings
email ACO@chicagoaa.org - 2 years sobriety required
Directory and Literature Committee – Judy P. - Absent
We have new directories
Public Information Committee – Vacant
Cooperation with Professional Community Committee – Vacant, Brian KAA Grapevine Committee – Vacant, No Report
Hospitals and Treatment Facilities Committee. – Geno - Absent
Workshop Committee – Rick/Brian K/Eddie C
Next workshop is August 4, 2018 at Prince of Pease
o Topic – My Way or God’s Way
o Closed Meeting
o Flyers are out
o Up on the website
Special Needs Committee – Vacant, No Report
Website Administrator – Nazar Z. - Absent
Website is running well
Hospitals and Treatment Facilities Committee – Geno
Nothing new to report
HTF’s all going well
Trying to get into facility in Schaumburg
New treatment center in Streeterville looking for women to chair evening meeting.
Committee on Conferences – Steve
Met on July 11.
Second City round up getting positive feedback. Trying to get through CASO. Target for
November CASO meeting to bring back
ACO - Volunteers needed, need to be there by 4
Polish and Spanish translators
Dist 15 GSR experience postponing until spring of 2019
Discussion on how to communicate information on conferences to the entire area
Correctional Facilities Committee – Phil M. – Absent, No Report
Secretary’s Report – Michelle W.
Updates to the list continue
Make Pink Flyer for Women needed at meetings/Jails
o Talk to Geno, Phil for addresses and requirements
Any new GSR’s and Alternates see me after meeting to get signed up at CASO site.
Picnic Committee – Paul S, Brian K
A little rain but well attended
Mike C did corn - 200 Ears
Total tickets $1996, Baskets $1246, Paid all bills
Thank you, Debbie, for being the treasurer
$39 left over, motion to give to St. Peters – Passed
District 15 picnic this Saturday at noon at Grove 5 Busse Woods.
Motion to Close - Troy
Meeting Adjourned with the Seventh Tradition and The Lord’s Prayer.

District Minutes Archive

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile