District 13 Meeting Minutes – 02/15/2022

Next District Meeting 03/15/2022


Meeting was live and virtual.

Attendance and Introductions:

In Attendance:  Jim W, George, Mike C, Jim C, Dani P, Michelle W, Bob K, Steve B, Mike, Rick, Ken, Paul S, John, Brian K, Randall, Dan C, Jimmy P, MJ, Tom D, Ashley E, Debbie F, Brian K, Paul S, Ken, Dan C, Tom, Marilyn, Paul, Jim, John, Bill, Scott, Rick, and Harry.

Jim W Opened the District Meeting and Jim W. Chaired the Meeting. The meeting with a quiet time followed by the Serenity Prayer and Responsibility Statement.

Paul S. Read Traditions 1, 2, 9 and 12.

1.        Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA Unity.

2.        For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.

9.  A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards directly responsible to    those they serve.

12.  Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Concepts 1 and 12 were read by 

1.  Final responsibility and ultimate authority for AA World Service should always reside in the collective conscience of our fellowship.

12.  The conference shall observe the spirit of the AA tradition taking care that it never becomes the seat of perilous wealth our power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible substantial unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that it never perform acts of government; that, like the society it serves, it will always remain democratic in thought and action.

All went over the minutes. Motion to approve. Minutes Approved.

Jim W went over the agenda, Motion to approve, Agenda approved.




Treasurer’s Report – Dan C

        Collected $285.80, Paid out $241.23 o Amazon Web Services o District Cell Phone o PO Box

        Brian K asked about Venmo contributions o No dinner tickets yet

Video Conferencing Committee (VCC)– Tom D

        Visited Tues/Thurs meetings & mentioned Venmo           Still going strong.

        Planning on visiting Sat morning

Finance Committee – Steve B

        No meeting – Will meet in March

Corrections Committee – Phil M – Absent

        Per Brian K, we need an alternate. There are strict guidelines.

        Spread the word.

Directory and Literature – Vacant

Workshop Committee – Brian K

        Vikki has one ready to go

        Possibly March or April

CPC/PI Committee – Scott H

        Meeting was 02/14

        Volunteered at Isscypa

        A lot is still on hold due to Covid

        15 schools have responded with interest for speakers

        Pace bus project will be in March and September

        Also plan to do Chicago buses

        Planning to do PSAs on PBS

Grapevine Committee – John S

        Requested that each group have a Grapevine Rep

        Ask people to sign up

        Attended zoom meeting

        If the Grapevine stops being self-supporting, it will not be continued.

        Check with local libraries 


Hospital and Treatment – Mike R 

        Nothing to report

Committee on Conferences – Vacant

Accessibilities – Randall

        Limited attendance at meeting

        Trying to get closed captioning for the deaf on zoom meetings.

Technology Committee - Vacant

Secretary Report – Michelle W

        Nothing to report

District 13 Website – Nazar/John

        Jim received email from John

        Received word that Sunday and Wednesday meetings at St. Pete’s are not happening right now. Need to verify

        Should we keep a meeting directory on our website? Or should we put a link to CASO?

        Michelle W will work on updating the district meeting list vs. Area 19 List.

        Appreciation dinner is not posted. Brian is cleaning up the flyer and sending it to Nazar to post.

Alt DCM Report – Debbie F 

        Nothing to report

DCM Report – Jim W

        Check below for link to update meeting information.

        Spoke to Tander Romano (director of Seville). If we make a firm commitment a month before the dinner, no deposit needed, she’s being very flexible.

        MJ – Can we mail checks to the district?

        Paul – Can Dan send tickets to the people that he receives checks from. – Dan says that’s ok.

        Paul needs a plan for how the credits for those who bought tickets 2 years ago and did not get a refund. 

o   He is sending a check to Jim for the un-refunded tickets

        CASO meeting was 01/22/2022 o Did not attend o $7.34 per member, for CASO to be self-supporting.

o   Received email for the General Service Conference and the Pre-Conference forums.





New Business 

        Nothing submitted by 02/14/2022.

Old Business

        GSR/Alt GSR Info verification for Group Services database:

  Please click the link below. I will then grant you permission to the entire folder ‘D13 Member info’:  

  [web link omitted]

  There are three files – the Excel file is for the GSR/Alt GSR Info Verification.

  Check the information. If correct, add a ✓ by your name in the yellow column

  If needed, make the corrections, then add a ✓ in the yellow column


  The other two files are the Chicago and Suburban Meeting Directories

  Most of you have checked the info here accordingly and that has been updated at CASO. IF NOT:

        Check your meeting info, make corrections if needed, then strike through to indicate that the info is correct.

        The word is that they are still planning on printing in January or February. I have not received any indication either way.

        Per CASO: “Although we have formatted the layout of the new directories, once again we have seen a spike in meeting changes. We are hoping January or February to begin printing paper directories. Please double check that your meeting is listed, if it is not on the website, we do not have it listed.”

        If your meeting is not listed, you can send your group info to caso@chicagoaa.org.

        Appreciation Dinner o There is a QR code on the flyer

o   Attendees will have to have the Venmo receipt

o   Group Name and Name of person attending dinner and “Appreciation Dinner” o Make sure your Venmo settings are set to Private



Next CASO is 03/19/2022 – District 1 is hosting. Venue Is TBD







District Minutes Archive

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile