District 13 Meeting Minutes – 01/18/2022

Next District Meeting 02/15/2022

 

Meeting was virtual.

Attendance and Introductions:

In Attendance:  Jim W, George, Mike C, Jim C, Dani P, Michelle W, Bob, Steve B, Mike, Rick, Ken, Paul S, John, Brian K, Randall, Dan C, Jimmy P, MJ, Tom D, Ashley E, and Marylin.  

Jim W Opened the District Meeting and Jim W. Chaired the Meeting. The meeting with a quiet time followed by the Serenity Prayer and Responsibility Statement.

Paul S Read Traditions 1, 2, 9 and 12.

1.        Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA Unity.

2.        For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.

9.  A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards directly responsible to    those they serve.

12.  Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Concepts 1 and 12 were read by MJ

1.  Final responsibility and ultimate authority for AA World Service should always reside in the collective conscience of our fellowship.

12.  The conference shall observe the spirit of the AA tradition taking care that it never becomes the seat of perilous wealth our power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible substantial unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that it never perform acts of government; that, like the society it serves, it will always remain democratic in thought and action.

Jim W went over the minutes. Motion to approve. Minutes Approved.

Jim W went over the agenda, Motion to approve, Agenda approved.

Treasurer’s Report – Dan C

                  See treasurers report

                  PO Box expense coming up next month

                  Dan C has key to PO Box but has been down with COVID. Jim W has a spare key.

 

Video Conferencing Committee (VCC)– Tom D

                  All zoom meetings are going well

                  With new variant, zoom meetings for the district are vital

                  Brian K – Please contribute to those meetings via Venmo

Finance Committee – Steve B

                  Met 01/16/2022

                  AA Central Office finished in the Black by almost 35K

                  Group Contributions up by about 20K

                  Individual Contributions up by about 24K

                  Bookstore sales were also up

Corrections Committee – Phil M - Absent

Directory and Literature – Vacant

Workshop Committee – Brian K

                  Still on hold

                  1 in the pipeline

CPC/PI Committee – Scott H

                  Met on 01/10/2022

                  New variant has put hold on speaking at DUI Classes

                  Human Library Project o Letters sent out to various schools o 1 Response back

                  Pace Bus Project o Looking at spring dates

                  Volunteer commitments for We are not Saints Cancelled

                  Still looking for volunteers for Iscypa

 

Grapevine Committee – John S

                  Meeting last Tuesday

                  Put Grapevines at Schaumburg train station free library

                  Working to put them in other free libraries around the area.

                  Groups need Grapevine Reps – Could be GSR or another person in the group

                  Checking with Libraries to see about Grapevine Subscriptions

                  Jim will send report

 

 

 

Hospital and Treatment – Mike R

                  Committee finalized edits for year-end report

                  There will be an application in the report that is sent to you for the Bridge the Gap program 

                  Suggestion from Brian K to donate Big Books (1st 164 pages) to Share

Committee on Conferences – Vacant

Accessibilities – Randall

                  Meets on 2nd Monday of the Month

                  Talked about bringing meetings to people’s homes. Chicago cannot do that due to liabilities.

o Cooperation with the elderly committee o Cooperation with the deaf committee

                  Looking for information to contribute to email blasts. Need more materials. Would like an email to go out once a month.

                  Looking for a new recording secretary for committee.

Technology Committee – 

                  Brian K suggested to Kris to check into this position.

                  Brian would be willing to co-op with him

                  Meeting is 01/20/2022

Secretary Report – VACANT

District 13 Website – Nazar/John

                  Kris – New- Send info to Brian K so that he can hook up with Nazar.

                  Jim sent Nazar and Brian K an email with all the minutes to be added to website.

                  Nazar will be in contact with Kris about helping with the website.

Alt DCM Report – Debbie F 

                  Nothing to report

DCM Report – Jim W

                  GSR/Alt GSR Info verification for Group Services database:

  Please click the link below. I will then grant you permission to the entire folder ‘D13 Member info’:  

 

[web link omitted]

 

  There are three files – the Excel file is for the GSR/Alt GSR Info Verification. Check the information. If correct, add a ✓ by your name in the yellow column If needed, make the corrections, then add a ✓ in the yellow column.

 

 

                  Directories

  The other two files are the Chicago and Suburban Meeting Directories

  Most of you have checked the info here accordingly and that has been updated at CASO. IF NOT:

                  Check your meeting info, make corrections if needed, then strike through to indicated that the info is correct.

                  The word is that they are still planning on printing in January or February. I have not received any indication either way.

                  Per CASO: “Although we have formatted the layout of the new directories, once again we have seen a spike in meeting changes. We are hoping January or February to begin printing paper directories. Please double check that your meeting is listed, if it is not on the website, we do not have it listed.”

                  If your meeting is not listed, you can send your group info to caso@chicagoaa.org.

 

New Business

                  None received as of 01/18/2022

Old Business 

 

● Appreciation Dinner

                  Flyer is done

                  Paul, Jim, and Michelle’s phone # will be on the flyer

                  Seville has been confirmed

                  Jim needs to contact Seville and get a contract signed.

o Tues 04/19/2022 – 6:30 PM o Need committee members that attend physical meetings to sell hard tickets.

                  Tickets are $41.

                  Need HARD DEADLINE for the Tuesday before for headcount.

               

Announcements

Next CASA Saturday January 22, 2022, on Zoom:

Meeting ID: 987 5972 6527 Passcode: 712021 RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT:

SEVENTH TRADITION - @District-thirteen Venmo

Motion to Adjourn – Paul S, Second Brian K, Passed

I AM RESPONSIBLE WHEN ANYONE, ANYWHERE REACHES OUT FOR HELP. I WANT THE HAND

OF AA ALWAYS TO BE THERE, AND FOR THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE

Closed with the Lord’s prayer.

 

 

 

 

 

District Minutes Archive

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile