District 13 Meeting Minutes – 12/21/2021

Next District Meeting 01/18/2022 

Meeting was hybrid.

Attendance and Introductions:

In Attendance:  Jim W, George, Mike C, Jim C, Dani P, Michelle W, Bob, Steve B, Mike, Rick, Ken, Paul S, John, Brian K, Randall, Dan C, Jimmy P, MJ, Tom D, Ashley E, and Marylin.

Jim W Opened the District Meeting and Jim W. Chaired the Meeting. The meeting with a quiet time followed by the Serenity Prayer and Responsibility Statement.

 

Mike C Read Traditions 1, 2, 9 and 12.

1.         Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA Unity.

2.         For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.

9.  A.A., as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards directly responsible to    those they serve.

12.  Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Concepts 1 and 12 were read by Paul S

1.  Final responsibility and ultimate authority for AA World Service should always reside in the collective conscience of our fellowship.

12.  The conference shall observe the spirit of the AA tradition taking care that it never becomes the seat of perilous wealth our power; that sufficient operating funds and reserve be its prudent financial principle; that it place none of its members in a position of unqualified authority over others; that it reach all important decisions by discussion, vote, and whenever possible substantial unanimity; that its actions never be personally punitive nor an incitement to public controversy; that it never perform acts of government; that, like the society it serves, it will always remain democratic in thought and action.

Jim W read the minutes from the last meeting due to technical issues from the email. Motion to approve. Minutes Approved.

Jim W went over the agenda, Motion to approve, Agenda approved.

 

 

 

 

REPORTS:

Treasurer’s Report – Dan C.

        See Report

        $388 Collected

        $1828.96 paid out o $750 NY o $750 Caso o District Website Fees o District Cell Phone Bill

o   $275 to the Tax Attorney for reinstatement to Non-Profit at the Federal Level

  This will take a couple of months

  After completing – Taxes that were returned can be re-submitted.

o   $242 to Phil out of Pink can for literature. We split with another district. Bal - $568.15.

Video Conferencing Committee (VCC)– Tom D

        Tuesday meeting has been changed to from Steps 1, 2, 3 speaker meeting to a 12&12

        Saturday is still the biggest meeting

Finance Committee – Steve B

        Special meeting held 12/13/2021 

        Audit fees have doubled from $15K to $30K since partner retired

        Voted to accept new fee for this year.

        Finance chair and Office Manager will be looking at other options.

Corrections Committee – Phil M - Absent

Directory and Literature – VACANT

Workshop Committee – Brian K

        Workshops are still on hold 

        Still looking for ideas/group involvement for when things open back up

CPC/PI Committee – Scott H

        Met on 12/13/2021

        Healthcare Alternative Systems is looing for speakers for DUI Classes

        Will provide more info when available

        Human Library Project at schools o Narrowed down to 380 schools – Budget approved

        Tables at the 2 upcoming conferences need volunteers

        Contact CPC to volunteer

 

Grapevine Committee – John S

        Met on 12/04/2021

        A lot of districts are not represented

        December issue o Remote Communities o Sober Holidays

        Statement of ownership every December o 53,545 subscriptions (down from 100K+) o 8514 Electronic subscriptions

        Grapevine needs support or it will be discontinued

        Brian K – Need to put this out there for groups and individuals

        Jim W suggested working with other committees like CPC/CI and HTC

Hospital & Treatment – Mike R

        Packets being sent into ABBH and Share to set up the Bridge the Gap program – Messages are into Joe and Sarah.

        Needs Volunteers  o Person leaving treatment has no guidance o Fills out a form before leaving treatment o Will be approached by someone from the program

o   Great opportunity for 12th step work with someone coming out of detox or a 28-day program

o   Take this into your groups

Committee on Conferences – VACANT

Accessibilities – Randall

        Craig – Area Rep Chicago out of town

        Light attendance at meetings

        November/December meeting was supposed to be combined but has not happened to date

        Suggestion to people that have accessibility issues - Thursday night Big Book Study to read stories and letters.

Technology Committee – VACANT

Secretary Report – VACANT

        Michelle W filled in taking minutes

District 13 Website – Nazar/John

        Still having issues with meetings

        Suggested to look at the site and see what it has, what it might need, etc.

Alt DCM Report – Debbie F – Absent

DCM Report – Jim W

        CPC/PI – Will send Email

        Pre GSO-Conference – Will send email o Two physical, four virtual sessions

        Next CASA meeting is January 22, 2022, hosted by District 3 o Northbrook Civic Foundation, 2002 Walters Ave, Northbrook, IL 60062 o Sharing 11 AM, Lunch 12 PM, Assembly 1 PM o ZOOM:

                                       Meeting ID: 987 5972 6527, Passcode: 712021

New Business

        Nothing submitted

Old Business

        GSR/Alt GSR o All need to be verified and checked on CASO database o Directories should be printed Jan/Feb

GSR Dinner

        Penciled in for the 3rd Tuesday of April (04/19/2022) at the Seville

        Seville is under new ownership

        Need volunteers to help plan and put together

        Ticket prices have been increased to $41 with a minimum of fifty people.

o   Paul will print tickets and talk to Dan C to set up to pay on Venmo o Jim will help Paul with tickets o Brian K will do the flyers.

7th Tradition

Motion to close – Jim W

 

I AM RESPONSIBLE WHEN ANYONE, ANYWHERE REACHES OUT FOR HELP. I WANT THE HAND OF AA

ALWAYS TO BE THERE, AND FOR THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE

District Minutes Archive

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile